Saturday, February 2, 2008

My Dads Pickup


As long as I have lived on this earth, my dad has been fond of the color red for vehicles. He did have a green '72 ford pickup and and green '77 ford ltd car. Then began the string of red vehicles. He got a '86 Ford pickup with 4wheel drive and a topper. He was driving in style!! Oh, and our first van was a dark red Plymouth Voyager. How we loved the room we had in that!!! Soon it was time to upgrade again and He decided on a light blue Dodge Caravan with TWO backseats!! It was great until I rolled it--then it became a Bright blue with silver stripes. I still see it around Devils Lake. Then when I was a junior we had a another Red Dodge Grand Caravan I remember it was a brand new 1994!!! Dad upgraded his '86 Ford in 1999 to a 1995 RED and silver Dodge Ram. We loved that pickup! With the unique Dodge front-no one else had one around Niagara. Then in 2001, they traded the van on a '99 Chrysler Concorde. It had leather seats and a sunroof!! Unfortunately it didn't hold any value and they traded for my 2002 Toyota Camry which is what mom still drives. On January 4th, Dad got a new pickup which is RED. It is a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Reg. cab. WOW is it nice!! It only had 24,000 miles on it and was a good deal! I think he needs flames on the front but grandma disagrees.
"He's not a teenager!" she says.

1 comment:

Nana Porcupine said...

I enjoy seeing the pictures and reading about the happenings on the farm etc. Both the pickups look very nice! I will be checking your new blog from time to time. Have a good week!