Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Gone to the Dogs!!





I love my dogs! They each have such a neat personality. Buddy Holly is the eldest of the three and although he may be a big dog (he is a chocolate lab possibly crossed with a giraffe), he is the most gentle! He plays with the other two and is so careful not to bite too hard. Sometimes he does elicit a squeak from the little one, but otherwise he is sweet. Speaking of sweet he has a TERRIBLE sweet tooth. When I first got him I decided to make banana bread. I made two loaves of the stuff and put it in the microwave to cool. Little did I know that my Buddy knew how to open the microwave door! He ate half of both loaves. Elvis comes next in my menagerie! He is a very sweet and spunky Mini Dachshund. He is larger than life. He really is the King of the house! The thing about Elvis is that we know he is a little dog but HE doesn't! He eats large, poops large, barks like a big dog, and chases cows like a blue heeler. I feel I should tell you that since Buddy (BIG DOG) sees Elvis (LITTLE DOG) on peoples laps, he fancies HIMSELF a chiahuahua! Ever had a 90lb dog jump up into your lap while sitting in a recliner?
Last but not least, is the baby of the bunch, Duke. He is a total sweetheart. He is very shy and I think he suffers from low self esteem. He heard too many people say how ugly he is. But he isn't ugly at all. He is a dappled little fella who fits right here. Elvis has taken over the position as trainer. He was trying to teach Duke how to use the footstool to get on and off the bed. Of course Duke knows the jump is too much for him so he whines until I get him up or down

No comments: