Monday, June 2, 2008

The (ALMOST) Perfect Day!

Yesterday brought warm weather, a beautiful blue sky, and my family over for dinner! It was very last minute and I had an agenda, Dave and I needed Dad's, Jamie's, and Sean's muscles to help move some furniture to the "man cave" a.k.a my thunderstorm haven! We grilled burgers and deer sausage, and ate on the deck. You can see everyone assembled and ready to pray!



We had a yummy watermelon for dessert. Everyone looks so excited:) ok... so maybe dad looks a little grumpy ;)






















After we ate, Jamie and Sean found my tennis ball slingshot and had fun shooting the balls at each other. They even tried a golf ball to see how far it would go! Dad and David enjoyed watching in the shade from our adirondack chairs.

















We also went fishing at Lake Laretta just north of my house about a mile away! Jamie caught the first northern, Amber caught the next 3 and Dad caught one. Sean had a couple get away as did Amber, Dad and Jamie. As for me, well.... let me just say that if we are lost in the wilderness and it is up to me catch food, we will all starve!! I never even had a nibble.

We had Hotstuff pizza for supper, and then ended the day with a bonfire at Mom and Dads.

1 comment: