Monday, December 1, 2008

It's all in a days work.....






I had a very busy December 1st. I went to my grandparents this morning after donning my Christmas Bibs and I put up their tree. They have a 4 foot tall artificial tree which they purchased last year. It is nice because they are able to enjoy their tree for whole month of December rather than the couple of weeks they normally would with a real tree. I gave them this little Nativity last year because she didn't have a regular sized one. She has the one her nephew Steve gave her years ago, and she has the one I made out of clay when I went to Vacation Bible School one year probably about 20 years ago. This one looks so cute under their tree with the little straw Angel ornament dangling at the top.

I then went to Mom and Dads for dinner with the 3 dogs and after we ate, Jamie, Mom and I put up THEIR tree!! Jamie quit after fluffing a few branches and left the real work to Mom, Dad and I . Dad and I strung the 700 colored lights, and we all decorated it. It turned out so pretty!! We tried something different and put a BIG bow on the top rather than the traditional Angel. I curled the tails with a roll from the center of wrapping paper. We hung all of the special ornaments together!
My Grandma Hanssen made this when we were babies. Amber , Jamie, and me. Styrofoam balls covered with sequins held down with pins. Our baby pics are on one side and the opposite side it is hollowed out a little and she glued a little something in the hollow. Mine has an Angel, and Ambers has a little deer I think and I don't remember what Jamie has.
Close up of me as a baby. Cute I know--but what happened?!?
Closeup of Amber as a baby. She always stayed cute!! I wonder if Pnut will look like her!!
Close up of Jamie. Who knew that that cute little boy would grow up to such a BIG pain in the backside! Just kidding! Wait am I? Did I ever tell you the story about when he was born? I wanted a baby girl so bad, we were going to name her April. She was going to play barbies with me. Honest to God. She was going to be the sister I didn't have. Sure I had Amber but Amber didn't have an imagination. I was being dumb when I pretended that the fuzzy pink slipper was my barbie car. She hated playing house. April was going to change ALL of that!! And then, April didn't come. December 7, 1981 I woke up to find my Grandparents there. I remember being at their house when dad called with the news. I got on the phone and dad said " You have a brother! His name is Jamison Cade and we will call him Jamie." Traitor. How could Dad sound so darn happy when we were supposed to have a GIRL! I sat under the ledge of the counter and cried. And cried some more. When we went to see him at the hospital the nurses tried to MAKE me put on a stupid, ugly, green gown thing so I could hold the boy. I didn't like the gowns. I didn't even like the baby! Finally a nurse found a sesame street gown that I reluctantly put on. Then I reluctantly held the baby. I guess he isn't sooooo bad! He is very funny, and very helpful. I guess I love him. SSHHHHHH don't tell him that!

No comments: