Friday, August 22, 2008

Gateway to Comfort........and Coffee!



What can be special about a door? Not much I suppose. You turn a knob and enter buildings. Some have windows, some are wood and some are metal. What makes this door special is that it is a gateway to comfort. For as long as I have been alive, the door to my grandparents house meant a sweet treat, a hug, a cup of coffee, a place to play, a place to be silly, and a safehaven for when things go terribly wrong.




THIS door is always open to friends and family! A hot cup of coffee or a cold can of beer usually wait for you inside! My Gpa and Gma welcome everyone who steps inside--unless you are a Jehovahs Witness. Then you will be met at the door with a Bible and the knowledge of a 90 year old faithful man who has an answer to anything you throw at him!



This summer Dad and Jamie replaced the "Gateway to comfort" with a new door with a bigger window and more capability to keep the elements outside and keep the Comfort in!!!

1 comment:

Nana Porcupine said...

Wow! How true. I love and miss my loving parents and enjoy every oportunity to visit them. It's just not often enough.