Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An Emotional Week....

Is it stupid that I am sad over a soap opera going off the air?  I don't feel stupid....but emotions are a funny thing.   I have watched Guiding Light forever.  F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  The Bauer's, Lewis's, Cooper's and Spaulding's may as well have lived in Niagara for as much as they have been in my life.  I sit here watching the last episodes as we speak through tears as they call the villainous Alan Spaulding a hero for saving his son's life.  Or watching Reva and Josh (who DO belong together, no matter how good looking Jeffrey O'Neill is)  as they deal with their kids and grandkids.  Friday is the last time I will be able to catch a glimpse into the lives in Springfield.  I have been a frequent "visitor" since I was born.  I honestly can't imagine a weekday without watching it at 2pm. To make matters worse, they are replacing it with a gameshow.  A GAMESHOW!  I seriously have no use for CBS anymore.  With that,  it is with teary eyes that I bid my "GUIDING LIGHT" goodbye! Thank you for the entertainment.

1 comment:

Life as a Rauschendorfer! said...

I concure, conquer, conkure????? How the heck do you spell that word! Anyway I AGREE!